Monday, April 14, 2008

Shall we get to know each other better?

A friend sent this in an email and I adjusted a couple of questions to be more meaningful for me.

Four Things about Me

A) FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER: The High School where I work; Church; (I'm really embarassed to say this next one) Walmart; local library (the kids' section has puzzles, games for the toddler, a puppet rack with 30 puppets and a curtained stage)

B) FOUR PEOPLE WHO ENCOURAGED MY FAITH ALONG THE WAY: My parents for reading the Bible to me and praying with me all through my childhood; Mary, Queen of Tots for being real about living out Christianity; Father Thomas for massive patience yet straitforwardness; my toddler's Godmother, for being so steadfast even when everything else around us is caving.

C) FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS: chips and dips (salsa, guacamole, queso), cheese enchiladas, (notice a theme here?), greens w/ cornbread, and chicken-n-dumplings.

D) FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW: honestly, we're working on being content where we are since we've moved about so much since we got married; our hearts do often long after Columbia, SC; and I would rather be in bed than about to clean the kitchen, if that counts.

E) FOUR MOVIES I WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER: The Man Who Knew Too Little; Persuasion (the one with less beatiful, less model-like actors, from the British Shakespeare company - when Anne first sees Wentworth after 8 years, the camera shot is of her hand grasping the chair she is standing by - what a moment!; Two Weeks Notice; The Holiday

F)FOUR THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THE ORTHODOX CHURCH: candles; prayers written by people holier than me, for those times I don't know what to pray; a way to kiss Jesus; an explaination for why I am still so miserably sinful even though I was "saved" and a process for "working out my salvation"

G) FOUR OF MY FAVORITE HOBBIES: cooking!; reading; drinking a glass of wine or hot tea with friends; crotcheting or quilting with friends.

I would like to know more about all you other Mothers - Tag! Please be sure to post a link to your blog in the comments, so we can all read about each other. If you don't have a blog, I'd love for you to email me at orthodoxmother@gmail.com with your anwsers.

4 comments:

  1. Monica,
    I posted this on my page! Thanks! It was fun!! I love "tag" it makes me feel like a kid again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted this on my page as well. I just love these memes!

    http://missingbecheery.blogspot.com/2008/04/four-things.html

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your link on Orthodox Mom's blog. I did this meme as well. I also love The Holiday- it was a tie between that and Notthing hill :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just wanted to stop in and say that I enjoy your blog. I posted my 4 things, too!

    http://stjuliana.wordpress.com/2008/04/17/the-four-thingsthing/

    ReplyDelete