* small pink crocheted hat, with little embroidered ribbons tied below my toddler's chin... she actually kept it on much longer than I thought she would.
* a ride home from church when we couldn't find our keys.
* an evening with friends, complete with wine, garlic & herb goat cheese, raspberries, good bread, and grapes.
* clean toilets.
* leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow's supper; I only need to add a little sausage to the bean soup.
* Organic strawberry crisp high fiber cereal - on sale for $.99 at the local health food store because it's DATE was Oct. 7, 2008.
* the soft pale sage comforter resting on our bed, the one we've had since we were married. The only thing in the whole "wedding registry gift selection" that we both could agree on almost 10 years ago. The one we packed away last year to try something new, but were so happy to pull back out again a few weeks ago.
* Little Builder, who points to a wall and says to his friends as they play outside, "look, a wonder-working icon of St. Nicholas!" I asked him later and he said of course he didn't really see anything, he was just playing. What I'm thankful for is that these things of God are growing inside of him and are there to come out, albeit in odd moments and ways.
Oh Lord, who lavishes us with earthly good things, deprive us not of heavenly good things.
Implant in my heart to fulfill Thy commandments, and to forsake evil deeds, and to obtain Thy blessings; for in Thee, O Lord, have I hoped, save me. (from evening prayers of St. John Chrysostom)