Monday, June 7, 2010

Gift from God: Working Mother at Home

As a teacher, I am very thankful for my summers at home with my kids.

Though I do feel, a bit... incapable maybe?

This morning at 7am I woke up determined to accomplish one major thing today:

Sweep the tile living room floor.

At precisely 2:08 pm, I finished sweeping. Okay, prayers and breakfast are important. And lunch. But how did it take us so long to clean the living room floor and sweep?

At school, the bell rings every 55 minutes, and grown-ups and students move and function. I guess I need to find my rhythm at home.

Lord, thank you for these precious months.
Lord have mercy on us, and help us find a way to work as a family at home.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy the lack of a bell and rigid schedule...it's stress-relieving and relaxing...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working on sweeping the living room floor for about a week now (LOL), if that makes you feel any better. :) Praying for you as you find a rhythm for you and your family, though I imagine you are doing better than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marfa and Leah. I appreciate your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My floor could be swept three times a day. It's lucky if it gets done once. When we were at seminary we lived on the other side of a duplex from another family (seminarian). The walls were thin so it was very obvious that the wife vacuumed THREE TIMES A DAY, EVERY DAY. I have never felt guilty about my lower standards!

    Having a goal of getting the floor swept and then getting it done is great! Don't beat yourself up. It's funny, but I posted about something sort of similar just a few moments ago. I worked for so many years that I didn't know what to do with myself when I got home...still kind of don't. I'm working on it. (c;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry - just enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete