A sample of our selection from the Farmer's Market this morning.
I was so glad our little town organized the market for this summer. Especially after seeing Mimi's produce from her CSA. I'll post a Menu Plan for the week tomorrow.
Last night, I had extra yellow summer squash that I needed to use before going to the market this morning. So I made my birthday cupcakes!
Lemon Squash Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
3 c. flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 c. softened butter (I used non-dairy marg. so little girl could eat too)
1 3/4 c. brown sugar
3 lemons - grate all for zest and squeeze to get about 1/3 cup of juice
1 1/2 c. grated squash
1. Cream butter, sugar, and zest
2. Beat in eggs. Slowly beat in dry ingredients, alternating with juice.
3. Stir in squash. Pour into greased pans of choice.
4. Bake at 350 until done (cupcakes took 15-20 minutes).
5. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Beat until smooth:
4 oz. cream cheese
3 tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of powdered sugar