Monday, January 26, 2009

Carrot Souffle
















The night you make it, it's dessert.
The next morning, it's breakfast bars.

I first enjoyed this recipe when eating with my grandparents. The menu included: black-eyed peas with sausage over rice, pineapple-cabbage coleslaw, and carrot souffle.


I'll give you the original recipe, but mention these changes I made:

-used only half the sugar
-used oil instead of butter (I've got a non-dairy girl)

The Ingredients
2 cups of cooked sliced carrots (or you could use 1 can of carrots, drained)
3 TBS butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp flour
1 tsp vanilla

The Steps
1. Place everything in a blender
2. Blend until smooth
3. Bake in a greased casserole dish at 350 for 45 minutes

FYI - I usually plan to make this the night after I make carrots as a side dish. I make extra, so I have them on hand.

7 comments:

  1. Yum! I am trying this for dessert tonight/breakfast tomorrow! I'll let you know my results...thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Yummy, I'll be trying this too! Thanks Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious and anything that serves as dessert AND breakfast is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll try making it with pumpkin instead of carrots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back. Tastes great with pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the idea, Phyllis. Is there a lot of pumpkin available right now in the Ukraine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not right now, but they last a long time. :-) We were given 5? 7? of them in the fall, so we've been eating pumpkin all winter. Love it!

    ReplyDelete