Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Pajamas

When my sister and I were 4 and 2 years old, my mom started making us matching Christmas pajamas, robes, or nightgowns. Now, the grandkids get them. Grami spends time each year picking her favorite patterns and material, then sewing. This year snowmen cheerily dotted a field of red. Little Builder had a tunic shirt and the girls had puffy gathered sleeves.


And sweet red hearts stichted their hems.


Yes, Anastasia, grandparents truly are Gifts from God, for which we are very thankful!

5 comments:

  1. That is an absolutely wonderful gift! How do you ever get rid of them once they out grow them? I would keep them forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredibly sweet, down to the simplest details.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The PJs are just beautiful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep commenting on blogs after Mimi today and she is stealing what I want to say, but I will say it anyway.

    How Sweet!! :)

    I love this idea. It is such a special thing for your children to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I wish I knew how to sew!

    ReplyDelete