Michelle mentioned that Ma Torg is hosting a Vegan Recipe Swap, and this week’s theme is Grains.
If you love your crockpot, try this on Wednesday:
* 1/4 cup millet - uncooked
* 1/4 barley - uncooked
* 1/3 cup brown rice - uncooked
* 1 cup onion - chopped
* 1 cup green pepper - chopped
* 1/2 cup carrots - finely chopped
* 1 16 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
* 1 16 oz can tomatoes - drained - reserve liquid
* 1 1/2 cups corn
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 1 tsp dried basil
* 1/2 tsp garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Add water to reserved tomato liquid to equal 2 1/2 cups. Stir into grain mixture. Cover and cook on low setting 8 hours. Stir before serving.
This recipe was contributed by Marie from the Radiant Recovery Community Forum.
From Lean and Luscious and Meatless, by Hindman and Snyder