Are you making M'Jeddrah or Tofu Spanikopita any time soon? If so, cut and fry extra onions, and save some to use in this filling soup!
This recipe made just enough for our litte family of four (kids = 3yr & 6yr)
1/2 to 1 cup of caramelized onions
1 carrot, chopped
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1/3 of a bell pepper, chopped
12 cups plus more water
1 TBS salt
1 TBS coffee creamer
1 bag of frozen green beans
1 large and 2 small potatoes, diced (that's what we had - adjust accordingly)
3 sprigs of rosemary
3 sprigs of thyme
1 TBS tahini
1. Simmer strongly the onions, carrot, celery and bell pepper in the water for 30 minutes. You're making a stock. If you need to use a small dash of dried herbs instead of fresh, you could go ahead and add them now.
2. Blend the stock & veggies to make your soup base. I use my hand-held immersion blender.
3. Add salt, creamer, and green beans and cook until as done as you like them. I did 30 minutes at a rolling boil, adding water as necessary.
4. Add potatoes and herbs and boil until the potatoes are tender.
5. Remove herbal twigs and whisk in tahini.
6. Adjust seasonings. I added some pepper.
Sorry no pictures, we devoured it too quickly, with a side of multigrain healthy bread.