Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Nativity Fast: Nachos

 

Also known in my motherly mind as "Chips and Veggies"

"Cheese" Sauce = puréed veggies 

baked butternut squash

roasted red bell pepper (jar)

caramelized onion (I doubled the onion I needed last night and had it waiting to go in the fridge)

pickled jalapenos

mustard, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, whatever spices you like

fat of choice 

(For fat, I alternate between what I have available, usually coconut oil, blended cashews, or a packet of Daiya cheese sauce. It's expensive at $6 per box, but each box has 3 packs of sauce and it's nice to have around in a pinch.)

Toppings

refried beans
tomatoes
cabbage
salsa
taco sauce
olives

I put the beans on the chips with the cheese before popping them in the oven for 5-10 minutes, basically to force the kids to get protein, haha. 

If you do prep work in the morning, this is super quick to throw together at dinnertime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment